Window Style 101
Your window coverings can impact the style of your home. So, whether you’re going for a tranquil feeling or something bright to express your personality, you’re bound to find an idea here! Here are couple tips to gussy up your windows.
- To create a sense of drama or to make a smaller room feel bigger, try floor-to-ceiling curtains.
- To add a bit of colorful character to a neutral room, or just to express your personality, try curtains, roman shades, or even roller shades with a whimsical print.
- To really pull a room together, try having window curtains made with the same fabric that is on your throw pillows, an ottoman or even the headboard on your bed.
- If you feel your room is a bit too dark, brighten things up with classic white curtains.
- If you love decorating for the season, or just like to change things up every once in a while, try switching out the curtains in your main living room. You can go as festive as you’d like!
- If you’re having trouble finding the perfect pattern for your curtains, don’t limit yourself to traditional window curtains. Try looking for tablecloths, twin bed sheets or shower curtains to find what you’re looking for.
- For an understated and classy look, try layering solid curtains over patterned sheers.
- To liven up a simple shade, add trim to the bottom. You are able to use anything from a nice ribbon to sea shells you discovered on vacation.