The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated portion of your home’s windows. They offer you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design wishes, and with the host of styles and colors available, you can uncover a combination to fulfill whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you can switch styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you choose, there are multiple color choices to meet
your design expectations.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to give you more energy
efficient options than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to allow for easier cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve read a few positives of window grilles, let’s take a look at the challenges associated with window grilles.
- While there are a variety of
designs available, some homeowners feel that a
few grille styles can obstruct their
view of the outside world.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more difficult.
- Replacement windows that tout grilles are typically more expensive than those that don’t feature grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to get replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles could be a great accent to your next set of windows. There are a number of things to ponder, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our experts, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re looking for. Of course, with the host of products available, we suggest coming by our Eau Claire showroom, giving us a call at 715-836-9301 or scheduling an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we carry.