The Entrance to Your Eau Claire, Wisconsin Escape Hinged and Sliding Patio Doors
A patio is an important part of a home and its general environment. Not only does it serve as a great spot for entertaining, but a patio can also inspire us to get outside a little more and take in some fresh air. That’s why it shouldn’t be that big of a surprise that the entranceway to the patio is just as important. Regardless if it’s a hinged or sliding patio door, it can offer a lot more than just being an additional door in your home.
Whether you’ve just completed construction on a patio for your home and are looking for a new sliding patio door or you are simply replacing an old one, there are a variety of options to choose from when you start your research. We thought it would be helpful to make the process a little easier by covering a few of the basics of the most common patio doors you will find on the market.
Sliding Patio Doors
One of the benefits of sliding patio doors is that they don’t swing open, meaning you have more space to work with when it comes to decorating and furniture placement. Sliding patio doors also let in a great deal of natural light, adding a warm glow to your home.
So what do you need to know about sliding patio doors to help you conclude if they are right for your home? Here are a few helpful tidbits to help you while you look:
- Available in naturally beautiful wood, durable fiberglass and low-maintenance vinyl.
- Doors are created with one panel so that they easily slide to one side.
- Two, three or four panel models are available.
- Come with a variety of grille styles to select from.
- Add on a traditional insect screen or Pella’s Rolscreen® retractable insect screen.
- A range of hardware finishes are available.
Hinged and French Patio Doors
Hinged and French wood patio doors are another great selection providing craftsmanship that adds character and beauty to any room in your home. With the choice between two doors that swing open from the middle or two doors, one movable and one fixed, you can meet the needs of your home to help provide superior functionality and practicality.
Hinged and French patio doors feature a lot of similarities to sliding patio doors, providing you with fantastic flexibility and customization to meet your design and function needs.
- Hinged doors come as single or double doors.
- Doors can open from the right or left.
- The wood construction can be protected by a low-maintenance. EnduraClad finished aluminum exterior cladding (available in Architect Series®, Designer Series® and Pella ® ProLine 450 Series).
- Multi-point locking system available for additional security.
- Satin nickel, oil-rubbed bronze, polished brass and white hardware finishes.
- A number of grille choices available attached directly to the glass, between the panes of glass or removable.
Patios are a fantastic addition to Eau Claire homes, and hinged and sliding patio doors are a perfect way to show off this significant feature. If you want a closer look at all of the hinged and sliding patio doors available from Pella Windows and Doors, come by our Eau Claire showroom, give us a call at 715-836-9301 or set up an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.