Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Eau Claire, Wisconsin Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – not many things are better than looking out your wood windows on a sunny, warm day in Eau Claire. And with a small amount of spring-cleaning, those windows will shine, providing you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or something else, no one likes streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind these few cleaning tips when you kickoff your spring-cleaning:
- While it seems better to clean with the sun out, the sun can actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is correctly cleaned, so utilize that cloudy day to get your cleaning completed.
- Receiving the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always start from the top when washing your windows. Doing so keeps your drips heading to your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Use an old towel or paper towel and put it at the bottom of the window to collect any drips to keep them from getting on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make sure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips got through, it will help protect the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need a little TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the staff at Pella Windows and Doors can help provide proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Stop by the showroom in Eau Claire today and check out which line of products are ideal for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.