Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Winter weather is just around the corner in Eau Claire and when the temperature lowers, the energy costs can often get higher. There are several things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort throughout the winter season, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors provide during Eau Claire winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can sneak in and affect your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Eau Claire team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to create a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in Eau Claire.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Eau Claire a call at 715-836-9301 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.