Looking for New Windows in Your Eau Claire, Wisconsin Home? Pella has Tips to Help Make the Right Choice
When purchasing windows for your home improvement or new construction project, you obviously want to choose the best windows for your project and budget. ponder the number of choices, consider these facts:
- Windows can affect the interior and exterior look and feel of your Eau Claire area home.
- Your window choice can make a drastic difference in your overall level of comfort and energy consumption.
- The construction of your windows can have a significant impact on the long-term value of your Eau Claire area house if or when you decide to sell.
If you take the time to review the style and function options available, you will be delighted with your purchase and appreciate the pleasure of viewing the outside world through your new windows for many years.
What items should you contemplate when purchasing replacement windows for your Eau Claire home?
- What do they look like? Don’t forget that you are going to view your replacement windows most often from in the home, not outside of it. Stand inside and study the view carefully; does the style, color and type of opening (crank shaft or sliding) work with your home’s current style? Can you reach the window in order to clean it or utilize potential accessories? How does the sunlight appear during the morning and afternoon? And remember to stand outside from many viewing positions to properly judge if the style of replacement window you are considering fits with the overall façade of your Eau Claire home.
- How energy efficient are the windows? Understand the statistics relating to your windows that impact their energy efficiency. Topics to consider are U-values and Low-E insulating glass with argon windows, and weatherstripping. For instance, U-values identify the insulating value of windows. The best windows have low U-values to help keep out extreme temperatures. Identify ratings of efficiency beforehand to help lower heating and cooling costs and make the most of your investment.
- Is it convenient to operate the windows? Just like purchasing a car, it is important to try out the functionally of your choice of window before you buy it. Can you open or shut the window easily? How much effort does it take to clean the window? Will the window hardware (or the crank handle) fold away in order to leave window blinds or shades undisturbed? If the window will be an emergency exit in case of fire, be certain it opens easily and provides an adequately-sized opening.
- What is the installation process? The installation of your windows is either included with the overall purchase price or requires a third-party contractor. If you are using the services of contractor, it may be smart to inquire about installation price and included services prior to ordering your windows.
- How will you maintain your windows? The weather in the Eau Claire area can be unpredictable. The appearance of your windows can be impacted negatively by wind, sun, rain and snow. Consider low-maintenance options like aluminum cladding or in-between-the-glass grilles .
- What is available in terms of color and hardware options? Color selection reflects your style and enhances the overall appeal of your Eau Claire home. Some window producers offer few exterior color options. Identify what color schemes are in place for the windows you want. Also, there are many window hardware options that should match with other hardware options in your home, such as cabinetry hardware, faucets and other fixtures.
- How much does a quality window cost? The philosophy ”you get what you pay for” applies to many products, and windows are no exception. The lowest priced windows may not be your best buy. Shop around and compare. Price should be a factor, but not the only factor.
We invite you to visit Pella at the Eau Claire area Showroom to learn more about your choices, or give us a call at 715-836-9301.