Know when its time for replacement windows and doors with a DIY window and door inspection in Eau Claire, Wisconsin
When it comes to owning a home, the list of to-do’s piles up from day one and never really gets completed. One thing that never gets completed is routine home maintenance. While that’s pretty broad and all-encompassing, you need to ensure it includes an inspection of your windows and doors so you know when it’s time for replacement windows and doors.
Taking even 10-15 minutes to do a swift walk around your home to inspect your windows and doors can help offer insight into which rooms or areas of your home might need repair or maintenance and help you order them.
So before you start doing research on replacement windows and doors, read over this checklist for your inspection.
- Check the finishes around your
windows and doors and see if there is any flaking or
- Take a close look at the structure of your
windows and doors, noting any
cracking or deteriorating wood as well as any further
damage that can be caused by water.
- If you uncover a problem, find its cause. There could
be underlying problems that require
a specialist from Pella Windows and Doors to come out
and take a look, and any information is helpful.
- Clean out your window sills and tracks for dirt
and other debris as it can compromise the
seal and operation of your windows and doors.
- While you’re inspecting your window sills and tracks, take a look at
the weather stripping around your windows and doors. Re-attach or replace any deteriorating
- Test out the locks on your windows and doors to make certain that they are functioning
smoothly and correctly.
- Check the caulking of all your windows and doors as they help shield against air leaks and help protect your home from the elements.
If you’ve taken the time to go through this checklist, you’ve checked your home for some of the more common issues we see at Pella Windows and Doors. While some of these concerns are basic fixes, please contact us if you have any concerns about the condition of your windows and doors. Stop by our Eau Claire showroom, give us a call at 715-836-9301 or schedule an appointment with us online through our online scheduler.