Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Remember these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Conduct research to ensure the contractor you’ve selected is qualified for the job. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your house. What is the purpose of your space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for many years.
- Forget to consider the budget! Keep on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 715-836-9301, check out our Eau Claire showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.