How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Eau Claire
Fall is just around the corner in Eau Claire, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a strong impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to produce levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used each year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string several together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Eau Claire a call at 715-836-9301 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!